Friday, July 20, 2012

Nursery Projects

I began planning the nursery on June 22, when we found out we were having a girl.  My parents came to work visit the next week and we got the room painted (Balmy Seas by Behr-I love it) and purchased and assembled the furniture (dresser and bookcase from the Hemnes line at Ikea and Sedona crib from Babies R Us).  Now I am working on all of the fabric and other projects to pull this room together.  My goal is to have it mostly done by the end of the summer, when I will be entering the third trimester, so I don't have much to worry about other than reading up on babies and taking child birth classes.

                                          The nursery so far.

Mom and I found some gorgeous fabric at the Corn Wagon Quilt Company here in Springville.  It is from the Vintage Modern line by Moda and I love it.  I have big plans and hope to document some of my projects here for anyone who is interested.

I finished Project 1 this afternoon--a diaper caddy for using on the dresser/changing station.  It didn't turn out perfectly but for a completely self-taught seamstress, I'm pretty happy with it.  I found the tutorial here.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment