Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Love Free Books

Since I'm leaving the school system, I needed to use up all my Scholastic Bonus Points before the end of the year so I spent a couple hours on the site, very carefully making my selections and this is what I got!  I'm so excited!!
  • The Hunger Games and Catching Fire-a new series I've heard great things about and got in hard back.
  • Inkspell and Inkheart--another fun series
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Books 1-4
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--my favorite book in 3rd grade
  • Ramona the Pest and Ramona, age 8--I love Beverly Cleary!!!!
  • Fudge-a-Mania, Double Fudge and Superfudge--another series I loved growing up
  • Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing--Judy Blume is spectacular
  • Charlotte's Web--a classic every library should have
  • Woolbur--a cute little story about an ADHD sheep
  • The Tale of Despereaux--I thought the movie was super cute and I only had 38 points left; it was 25 so I got it.  :)
I've already read The Hunger Games and LOVED it.  I'm trying hard not to read Catching Fire until we leave for San Diego on Thursday so I can savor it.  The third book is due out in August.  I love it when I come across a great series just before the last book comes out so I don't have to wait very long.  I did the same thing with Twilight and Harry Potter (book 4 was almost out when I started reading it).

I'm looking forward to a great summer of reading, photography and looking for a new job.  Hope you have something great going on too!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment