Friday, April 30, 2010

Wilton II Finale Cake

I've been taking cake decorating classes for the last two months with my friend Lisa.  I've learned a lot of cool techniques but arranging and designing with style is still something I struggle with.  Nevertheless, I have confidence that when the time comes for me to make my child a birthday cake, I will be at least as good as the people at the grocery store bakery (given lots and lots of time to practice).

I thought about going ahead and taking the next class (Gumpaste flowers and fondant) but decided I needed a little break, especially if we are going to be taking foster care classes.  Plus, that's just a lot of cake to have do something with all the time.  It's good cake, don't get me wrong, but it's not helpful to have it laying around the kitchen when you're trying to cut back on sugar.

Here's what I did for class yesterday, I'm still working on the concept of level and I was so tired by the end of class I just started sticking flowers anywhere (that basket weave border is hard on the hand) so it's not super pretty like some of the other class cakes but I'm still proud of myself.

Ok, apparently Blogger doesn't like my pictures, so go to my gallery to see them.

http://gallery.me.com/janaiwm/100675




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment